Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All is Well

Last week, I had what felt like an explosion in my well ordered, peaceful life. I had a choice of doing what I knew was right or pleasing someone important to me in order to keep peace. I tried to get my mind around doing the thing that would keep peace between us, but the Lord had another plan. I did the right thing by God's design and, although the person went through a little melt down, it all came right in the end. I wish I didn't have to talk so cryptically but it has to do with spiritual direction and confidentiality. The point is, we worry and fret, but really, all is well. We think we have to fix the problem. But the Lord is with us. Right with us... By our side... Within us... and all is under His control. This morning in my prayer, I opened the Bible to 2 Cor:4:17-18. It says: "Yes, the troubles which are soon over, though they weigh little, train us for the carrying of a weight of eternal glory which is out of all proportion to them. And so we have no eyes for things that are visible, but only for things that are invisible; for visible things last only for a time, and the invisible things are eternal." This tells me that ALL that happens is for our good and when we turn to Jesus (and our Blessed Mother, who so understands), we are building our future home in glory. Our focus needs to be what is happening in the Unseen.

When we leave things in the Lord's hands, He begins to work it all out. I believe this and have seen it over and over again. So why do I worry at all??

No comments:

Post a Comment