Saturday, November 19, 2011

Life's Short

I have neglected my blog. I guess I'm not a blogger, but I have to say something just so I know I'm still here.

Recently, one of our Basic Christian Community cell group members passed away from us to the Lord. He suffered from cancer. When I say I miss him, it doesn't convey the sense of loss. There's a big hole where he was.

And another woman who was a sister in law to two other members of our BCC group also passed away. We have been praying for her for 3 years. And, another young man, only 22, with a young wife and new baby is in the last stages of cancer. I've been reflecting on the shortness of life. It's so important to keep the long view when we're tempted to let our emotions take us over. Why waste our time on bitterness, fear and worry when the Lord is always near and loves us more than we can ever know. The Blessed Mother and Joseph didn't have it easy in their life on earth. There was hardship after hardship yet they were always provided for. Life is too short for feuds, worry, anger or fear. These things just bring us down. Our loving, real God has everything in His hands. Trust.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for the losses your BCC group has experienced in the last few weeks. You are all in my prayers....Love you....

    ReplyDelete